Reasons To Be Thankful For, A Personal View
Looking back and reflecting on my life, I realized that there are so many reasons to be thankful for. Life is full of unforgettable moments, not all of which can be recorded or photographed. Therefore, we should make the most out of life and continuously be grateful for what we have.
As we continue our journey, we have our fair share of challenges. Similarly, we also have our most cherished memories. For all the good and bad things that happen in our lives, we should be thankful. Some may agree, while others may not, but we should remember that all our experiences in life made us who we are today.
Good or bad, happy or sad encounters, all these happen because we have our free will to choose our path. We are the ones in control of how we react or respond to a given situation. The choices and decisions we make pave the way for a certain path, which leads us to either a straight road or an astray one. Whichever way, we are the ones to decide where to go.
When life is good, most of us readily feel grateful, but if life is not so good at the moment, we tend to ask the big “WHY?” Come to think of it, have we ever stop and thought about our actions? Sometimes, we tend to blame the situations we are in and be ungrateful without even realizing that we are in such predicaments because we chose to or our actions placed us there.
Experiencing problems in our lives does not mean we are alone or forsaken. These are tests and challenges for us not to give up and rethink our actions. So do we have reasons to be thankful? The answer is a big “YES.” We should be grateful because life teaches us lessons to serve as our guide as we go along our journey.
When we make mistakes, we learn lessons, but it is up to us whether to take it to heart and make our lives better or disregard these lessons, only to find ourselves in the same cycle again. As per Charles R. Swindoll, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
“Begin each day with a thankful heart.”
In my case, my life is not perfect, but in its imperfections, it makes me a better person, as well as it makes me choose to live a better life. For the gift of life alone, I am genuinely thankful. It is not perfect, but my life is still beautiful.
I am THANKFUL for:
- I am thankful for the gift of life. Life gives me the chance to see the beauty of the world, despite its imperfections. It is enough reason to be grateful to see life unfold before me.
- I am fortunate to have responsible parents who brought me up well and instilled the value of education and good character at a young age..
- I am thankful for having supportive siblings. They are the kind who will help you but will not tolerate wrongdoings. They are there for me whatever happens.
- I am thankful to have a husband who cares, loves, and respects me. He helps me get through the most challenging times. I am very grateful for my husband, who supports me despite my flaws and weaknesses. Indeed, I found not only a husband but a lifelong best friend.
- We are always thankful for our two wonderful kids who bring joy to our lives and teach us lessons to become better parents every day. Truly, caring for them brings a lot of surprises that we are grateful for.
- I am thankful for having met a lot of people. A few were my friends, while others were good friends, and some of them were my best friends.
- Continually thankful for having good health. Also, for the health of my family.
- I am thankful that I am myself and that I know myself. I am also happy and grateful to be able to share my ideas and sentiments. Similarly, I am thankful to show my emotions in various situations and let people know where I stand and what I stand for.
These are some of the many reasons why I am very THANKFUL for the gift of life.
Please feel free to share your thoughts. Let us all be a blessing to others.
16 thoughts on “Reasons To Be Thankful For, A Personal View”
Great Artical, keep going
Really nice. Love it
Such a peaceful and relaxing post
I appreciate your comment. Thanks.
Beautiful post. Loved your writing style.
Very well written
Such a wonderful and relaxing post.. thank u so much..
Thank you too.